From stylish flats and sliders to evening-ready heels and wedges, it’s no wonder our shoe range has an army of loyal fans. With pops of colour, metallics, leopard print and embellishment, our styles practically demand to be Instagrammed.
With that in mind, we enlisted photographer Xanthe Berkeley to help showcase just some of the styles to put your best foot forward in this summer, plus read her tips on how to capture your fancy footwear in their best light.
“I’m Xanthe Berkeley – a photographer and film maker. I love filling the frame with colour, movement and things that make me smile. I’ve been taking #FromWhereIStand (#FWIS) photos ever since I was a teenager as a visual reminder of where I am at that moment. It’s a chance to show off my pretty shoes and create a fun frame full of colour, textures and light. ”
“These are great for adding a little sparkle to your look and they’re super comfortable – perfect for a day of browsing the shops.”
Walking on sunshine
Top of the flops
“The go-to, everyday flat, especially on holiday. Pop them on post-swim for a drink at the bar or a day at the market.”
Comfort and joy
“These sandals are great for any occasion; from a casual walk in the park among the daisies to watching the sun go down at a swish summer cocktail party.”
Want to recreate Xanthe’s fantastic shoe snaps?
Here’s her top photographic tips:
- Seek out bright colours, interesting textures, bold & beautiful tiles, gorgeous light and fun additions like furniture or flowers. Then fill the frame with the beauty you see looking down or on the floor and place your pretty shoes somewhere in the composition.
- Look for straight lines and either line up to them so they’re straight in your photo or use them on a diagonal to create interesting compositions.
- Use natural light as much as possible, stand facing it so your photo is well illuminated and look out for artificial lights overhead, that may create unwanted shadows.
- Seek out complementary colours on the floor that might create harmony with your shoes. It can also be interesting to have contrasting hues to create an image with more impact. Like orange shoes on green tiles, for example.
- Lastly, play around and have fun telling the story of where you and your gorgeous shoes are standing.